Saturday 6 December 2014

"Gold" at Inkspirational!


Hi guys!
Before telling you about our new challenge at Inkspirational, let me wish all my fellow countrywomen and -men Happy Independence Day! Finland has been independent since 1917 when we separated from Russia. I'm not at all a patriotic person in a conservative, politically narrow-minded sense that I feel too many are these days but I do enjoy of our welfare state where we don't have to suffer from war or extreme poverty. Congratulations Finland!

Kuva: Safeplast
photo source: Safeplast

My card today has a fun connection to our Independence Day: my good friend met a guy in last year's Independence Day party where they both where working... And now they got married some weeks ago in a small wedding, just for the family. Talk about moving fast! :) I sent this card to congratulate the newly weds. The crane and sentiment stamps come from Altenew's Origami set. I paper pieced the crane using the same Japanese-style paper I used as borders in my card. The crane is heat embossed in white, sparkly powder... And the sentiment is heat embossed with gold powder. That brings me back to our challenge: use gold in your card! My gold is in the paper and in the sentiment. The Inkspirational DT has made beautiful projects so don't miss them... Our guest designer this time is the very talented Deborah from Deborah's Gems. Welcome to Inkspirational, Deborah! That's all from me this time. Have a good weekend everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful Nonni, that Japanese paper looks stunning and happy Independence Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Japanese papers Nonni. LOVE the paper pieced crane. Beautiful wedding card design. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tosi hieno, Nonni! Todella hieno kokonaisuus yhdistettynä tuo leima ja paperi! Hyvää Itsenäisyyspäivää!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card. Love hearing the story behind it Nonni. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post, Nonni, to share with us how your card came to be! I know the newlyweds will adore this unique, beautiful creation, as do I. Sooooo amazing!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the green and gold - simply stunning. The papers are so pretty and perfect for a wedding card. Happy Independence Day too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous with the origamy and Japanese look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful origami design - perfect for newly weds! Love the touches of gold too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Congratulations Finland - I am so glad to hear you say you are proud of your welfare state as I do think a nation should be judged on how it treats the 'weakest' of its people. This card is beautiful. The Japanese style patterned paper is so lovely and you used it perfectly by using it sparingly. I bet they were delighted with this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning origami wedding card for your friends, Nonni! I'm sure they will treasure it always! Happy Independence Day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness--this is a treasure! Congrats to Finland, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Nonni I ADORE THIS
    I have seen you choose the Japanes Paper on your card and it has gold ..CLEVER
    and I love the main Image stunning embossing with white
    you are a clever card maker and I ADORE YOUR card.
    I choose to use real gold paper on the Inkspirational challenge but the result is not so what I guess...
    I hope you like to see it on my post cause I am entering too at Inkspirational challenge...how are you Nonni long time not see you around my Blog hope you are well..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Independence Day Nonni! How wonderful.

    And a great card! The shimmer on that paper really showcases the gold. The origami shape is such a unique look.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful Nonni and your crane is so clever:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a wonderful Independence Day! I can't tell you how much I love this card, Nonni. I love the design, the origami crane and that gorgeous Japanese paper. I used to have a lot of that kind of paper but haven't used it much recently. Maybe I should! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card! Love the DP and that set is realy so versatile... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully selected Japanese paper. The colors symbolize richness hope and love. If their marriage will be also such, that tell fortunes the long and wonderful life together.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!